Monday, December 10, 2012

Warmed Up


Tis the season for Chili, Soups & Stews.

My children may grow weary but they usually don't fuss over the repetitious & enormous pots of Chili I make this time of year.

Yes we are having Chili....again.
But.....I have avocados & onions & sharp cheddar
Cilantro & enough hot sauce to keep you warm all winter long.



After spending 7 days looking at the ocean & bright blue sky, toes buried in the sand,
 I could use some warmth.
Don't get me wrong. I like snow & winter. And I am mostly glad to be back home.
But today we shoveled through some sadness.
And as a mom, I'll probably hurt whenever my child hurts.

 I lay my head on my hubby's knee.
I sigh & tell him about the hurt & the one who did the hurting.
And how I would have liked to behave.
His voice steeps gentleness "or we can say thank you for building our child's character."


That small immature part of me that wanted to focus on the infraction & the responsible party
- settles & is quiet.

The Lord loves my kids even more than I do - Amazing.
 I believe He held a hand & some fresh tears tonight
He certainly knows where the character needs refined.
And He showed me a glimpse of what's needed for mine.

He know what it takes to make all things beautiful.

He has purposes & plans for my children. For their good.

The night breeze is ice cube cold & yet my heart is hot sauce warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment