Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fiesta


One of my families favorite dinners is
Shredded Beef Chimichangas.
I generally slow cook a Chuck Roast on low.
I plug in my crockpot on my way to bed, and unplug it before I sip my morning coffee.




I let it cool then cut or pull it into pieces.
Then I set up an assembly line.
I lay sharp cheddar down the center of the tortilla, layer shredded beef & then roll it up.
I make a stack of these, while olive oil heats in my electric skillet.
(Its probably best to make sure the sides of your skillet are over an inch. 
Pour in enough oil to coat the bottom.)

When the oil is hot, place the tortillas seam side down.
Turn after a few minutes, or when the tortillas are golden brown.
Brown all sides.

My skillet holds about 8 at a time. If I am serving more I turn my oven on low 
and put the first batch in a 9 x 13" pan & throw it in the oven while the second batch browns.

Top them with green chile sauce, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce or sour cream.
Or your favorite combo & Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment