Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pep Talks

I went to the beautiful windy city last week with my lovely mother & darling daughter.
And we shopped.
I have no picts. to document the trip because who wants to lug a camera when your flipping through racks of clothes?


I like color.
I tell myself this as I walk into the store. 
I tell myself this as I emerge with something black, grey, or brown in my shopping bag.


On Friday's I go to the Farmer's market.
I'd like to spend hours.
 God chooses to brighten the world & the vegetables with a variety of color.
And He does it whether we notice or not.
Whether we say thank you or not.


I went to bed out of sorts last night.
Sometimes I forget.
If I do all I do for Him - then I can forgo others "thanks".
Because He sees the effort.

When I feel stretched thinner than bubblegum blown into a bubble,
He knows.

So I chatted with Him about this when I woke.
I want to serve my family, not for their thanks, but because I love them.

It's ok to put down the enormous list & just shoot hoops,
or read together, or laugh & smile.

So this morning starts with I'm sorry. My attitude stunk. 
But the sun is rising, mercifully proclaiming a new day.

2 comments:

  1. "If I do it all for Him - then I can forgo the others thanks." This is lovely, and true, and somedays so hard for this mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi! He is gracious & patient. Like me you are watching the clock run down as we launch our older kids. I keep thinking I have this small window & I need to make every moment count. Blessings to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete