Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sept 22

I've taken a few weeks  months off. And I have missed this blog, recording these musings.

Wyoming was a breath. Restful, filled with laughter & thanks. A few tears fell.
But that's just a reminder...we're not home.


Tripping over unpacked bags, 
spending the moments I'm not in the kitchen on the porch.
And it hits.

I'm there. I have everything I want. And for a brief moment, I'm not sure if I am going to burst into tears or laughter.


This morning I drank dark coffee & clean water.
I kissed my husband.
I held my son.
I read my daughter's words.
I ruffled my older son's hair (he still lets me).

And even if these were not mine to love - I would still have You.
My soul's refuge.
A God who knows me & calls me by name, incredible.







No comments:

Post a Comment