Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Appetizers & Sweet Days

This is my new favorite appetizer &
it's on the menu:
www.muskegonriverlodge.com/

What is it? 
Endive filled with Honeyed Walnuts, Goat Cheese & Orange segments.
Drizzled with a Balsamic Reduction & sprinkled with Chives.


This week we celebrated a milestone anniversary.
I won't tell you how many years, but let's just say I have now spent half my life loving my fisherman.
And although he offered a vacation, I asked if we could stay home.
So we took a mini vacay right here.

My own pillow to sleep on @ night, fishing right out the door & an easy no-stress menu that worked on the boat or the back porch. 


So I took my new-found appreciation for Endive style wrappers & applied it to Iceberg. 
Iceberg wrapped around Chicken Salad was our lunch one day. I used chicken that had been baked with lemon & goat cheese
stuffed between the chicken breast & skin.
The flavor was fabulous!

Surprisingly easy to eat as finger food & a great choice for warm summer days.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment