Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My new favorite sandwich....


It started Monday morning in the dentist office....
"Excuse me did you just say I can stay here in the waiting room?
My kids can manage the whole dental process without me?"
I have two hours alone with HGTV & my favorite cookbook? Are you kidding me?
I thought I hated going to the dentist.

And then to top it of M had a micro cavity that they could go ahead & repair...bonus half hour right there.


You might ask if I've watched Julie & Julia.
No. But after telling a seat mate on a lengthy flight about my life I was given an extensive overview
of the film.
 I am contemplating cooking every Cook's Illustrated recipe I can get my fingers on. Starting with every one I read Monday morning.
But for now the goal is to try 3 new recipes each week.
This is the first.


This photo shows my sandwich "station" thanks J :)
My hubby really appreciates organization & I have to say it is appealing visually & it did make
sandwich prep smmmmooooth.


Buttered French bread layered with Apricot Chutney, Sharp Cheddar, Bacon & Granny Smith.
Paused on the assembly line for a photo.
Toasted to a golden brown. I'm salivating all over again.
And sprinkled with fresh Thyme from my garden....ah.


Delicious. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment