Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Unless You go with me….


It probably appears that I'm doing less cooking these days…
I'm not, 
Just last night my hubs and I worked on a dish we are perfecting,
it involved hand made pasta, proscuitto, figs, and balsamic parmesan.


And even the flour-less peanut butter cookie (recipe in older post)
got a face lift - adding a crushed heath bar to the white choc drizzle.
This was all my hubby's idea - and it is a fantastic one.

-------------------

the real feeding has been in the word - God nourishing my mind,
teaching me what I thought I'd already learned.

There is this crazy bumper sticker that talks about being God's copilot -
My friend Carolyn and I were giggling about this.

Truth is I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the steering wheel.
 I need to be all the way in the back seat, 
turned around

                                                                             

facing out the rear window.

Cheering as I see what God's done every mile

Like the typical 80's kid - riding in the "way-back"




Moses leads a band of hooligans out of Egypt, and into the wilderness.
And God went before them…
in a cloud by day 
 in a pillar of fire by night.

Shelter in the heat of a sweltering dessert day,
 warmth you curl up to on a brisk starry night.

Men, Women & kids marking their days by God's movement above them.
When the cloud stops - stop,
when it moves - move


They did not know the holy timeline.

They had zero control over the situation,
they ate what God fed them,
they walked where God led them.

So they handled their discomfort in a very human way….moaning & groaning.

All the while God had purposed a father-child relationship of trust & love.

He secured every physical need.
Then supplied His commandments to cover their spiritual need 

-----------

My hubby sits across the table on 
the eve of our 21st anniversary, the week of father's day, and we sup on veggies & love,

(thx for the inspiration Persephone Bakery)


reminiscing,


a sadness comes into his eyes as he thinks on a previous conversation.
"If you love your family, it isn't enough to provide for them,
you have to teach your kids what's right, what's true."



He goes on "As I've worked on this sign for my dad, I've realized how he taught me hope,
not to hope in myself but to hope in what lasts."

And so when God calls Moses up the mountain to give him the 10 commandments 

it's just love.

His commands are our protection.

 Moses tromps back down the mountain to find that the Israelites have chosen a new god while he was away.

A call goes out from Moses "Whose side are you on?  Do you want to be on the Lord's?"

3000 fall.



Disobedience has a cost,
not because God isn't good but because He is so very good.
Kind & Just
Love & Truth.

Real love doesn't turn a blind eye.

Love tells the truth & the truth was God no longer wanted to journey with the Israelites.
  
Who can fill God's shoes?


With a child or a nation - a dad, who loves, doesn't turn a blind eye to a rebellious child. 

They instruct so their child's soul can live, 

So they have an anchor to tether their lives to,

so they can hold onto hope,

Firm & Secure.

Heb 6:19




And so to my sweet Hubby and my sweet Father, and to my perfect heavenly Father -
you have built hope, and tethered my wandering heart.

I love you.
I love you for holding me.
I love you for telling me the truth.

I love you for proclaiming that a life not held by Christ is no life at all,
unless He goes first,
there is no reason to go.

Lead on, lead on….



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Just WOW! Glad you finally wrote it down. It was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend….it needed to percolate, but now it's ready to sip.

    ReplyDelete