Monday, June 1, 2015

Being Mom


A month ago Mama Robin discovered my twig wreath.
Twig by twig she built her nest, on the wreath, on the front door.


And since we use the front door regularly I tried relocating my wreath, just a few feet to the side,
but still underneath the eaves.

I wash dishes, looking out the front window when she lands across from me on the porch railing.
She stares at the door, perplexed
"where in the world is my nest?"

It's like trying to locate my car after I've grocery shopped.

My boys gather round me, distressed

We motion, trying to point her to the new location, startled she flutters to a nearby pine.


"We have to move it back mom"

"Yes we do" I groan.


I  wonder how we're going to move in and out without her panicking. How will she sit on a nest that is constantly swinging - open - shut - open - shut.


Really Mama Robin, our porch is not the safest. But now we are in this together - her & I and our 2 young protectors (my boys).

Roughly 14 days go by. And we see 2 littles.


Two. The # of children currently under my roof.
  My oldest Robin flew away last fall.
 I pray she migrates home.

I admire Mama Robin's peaceful way. She's serene, calmly
confident. Her only concern is that nest.

Why don't I feel this way?
I think this is how I'm suppose to feel.

A few weeks pass, 2 birds have flown & Mama R. is on to her second brood,
restive, as she sits on her 3 eggs.

Intuitively she knows her purpose.
It gives me courage.
Its enough to be mom.



I



No comments:

Post a Comment