Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'.

I have lasagna noodles drying on my counter & the most heavenly smell wafting from my oven.
I like eating. 
I'm trying to like exercise...the kind you do in your living room on a cold day.


We had a dash of spring last week. The sun came, ice melted, we even hit a balmy 50 degrees.


And that just makes me think salad
But maybe not an ultra light salad...more of a transition salad.
One with fingerling potatoes tossed with greens 
and a zippy vinaigrette.


So when your father in law gives you fresh Walleye it's kinda the perfect fit
 for greens & taters. 
The Walleye is seared with a one-sided dusting of sugar, sprinkled with sea salt & pepper.
Tucked in the oven for a few minutes to finish cooking.

The sauce is a tangy mixture including cilantro, parsley, garlic & olive oil.
My hubby whipped that up for me....he was in a hurry to get to the river for some fishing.
Let's just say he was motivating-ly helpful.
I love that man.

The winter weather is back, so if your in my area of the country stay toasty. Don't worry 
Spring & all of it culinary momentum is on it's way.


No comments:

Post a Comment