Monday, February 11, 2013

While It Is Called Today.



Tick Tock.
39 years and tempted to complain about 40.


45 mph...the car hits ice, I wake and yell "Jesus".
J's hands calm on the wheel, the car flies sideways.
I look back, numbering the buckled seat belts...1,2,3. The car turns and we are backwards.
Pine trees rushing past.
We slip sideways flying down an icy hill, I brace for impact.
Our brakes catch, a divine intercept.
360 degrees. We're dead stopped on the shoulder of the road.


Not 2 hours earlier our heads were bent, our hearts repentant. Mourning for the evil, for a world that has runaway from its Creator. 
Raising their fists and echoing Pharaoh's words of Exodus 5
"Who is the Lord that I should obey Him?"
Lot lived in Sodom and was vexed.


I turn to my vexed 13 year old.
"It's not time for us to go home yet. Someday, but not this day.
The Lord still has purposes for us this side of heaven."
He nods, face solemn.

**My kids would like you to know they object to being depicted as pawns**

 "Can I be a knight?"

But ahh, to have the Mighty One plan good works for you since conception, that's not being a pawn, it is having a bigger purpose.

"But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. " Heb 3:13









No comments:

Post a Comment